Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Delta English Experience

La nouvelle In-flight dining experience

(Todd English)

I was thrilled to see that there was a Todd English Meal option on board Delta Airlines.  While I missed the opportunity to dine at Fig when I was in Boston, this was the perfect opportunity to have a taste of the cuisine  English.  

There was only one option available, the mushroom orzo.  But considering the alternative (turkey sandwich) it was a fairly good bet.

  


(Mushroom Pea Orzo by Todd English)
From the menu: "Orzo Pasta with a medley of Diced Red onions, Green Peas, Sautéed Button nd Shitake Mushrooms, Chopped Parsley, Zest of Lemon and Shredded Parmesan Cheese accented with Kalamata Olives, Romaine Heart Leaves, and Pita Bread."

The verdict?  It's OK.  There were burst of flavor here and there possibly hampered by the limits of airline food preparation.  Anyway, Todd is so cute I'll eat anything he feeds me! It cost $8 (same as the turkey sandwich).  It's great to see Delta have guest chefs on the menu. 


(Rande Gerber)

Another contributing celebrity to the Delta dining experience is Rande Gerber (I don't care what you say, he'll always be Mr. Cindy Crawford to me).  Rande contributes two cocktails – a margarita and a “mile high” mojito.  I don't really like to drink on long haul flights so I did not get to try it.

  

(Delta economy class amenities)

Delta has a limited amount of economy class amenities.  It consists of an eye mask, earphones and ear plugs.  It is a snazzy shade of red, though.

No comments: