Monday, September 8, 2008

Stunning!

This is the late Manila socialite and TV host,
Elvira Ledesma Eduque Manahan:


She is wearing a stunning Ramon Valera original beaded gown in a leopard pattern. Here is a detail of the beading. I don't think you can get jet cabochons like these anymore:


With all that beading, it must have weighed a ton. And this gown had spaghetti straps!

The reason I brought this up is because I saw this on J.Crew today:



5  This is a stunning tortoise pattern sequinned cardigan. Even more stunning because it's listed at $3000, which I think is unusual for J. Crew. This is from the J.Crew collection.(Photo: jcrew.com)

6  They also have this Berry Astrid Jacket. Also stunning at a more affordable $248. I bet the Kaiser is kicking himself for not coming up with this earlier, but then again, he's been around so long, he probably invented this.
(Photo: jcrew.com)

No comments: