Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Balboa Park, San Diego

Last year, I took a break from cooking a turkey and this year I remembered why. I don't know what possessed me to volunteer to bring a turkey for a small Thanksgiving gathering with friends but there I was brining, roasting, basting and stuffing every available orifice on a turkey that took me 4 hours to track down (let's not go there!).

So as a treat, we took a little break to San Diego. The traffic was another story. Next year - I'm staying in bed.

Balboa Park was gorgeous. The Museum of Art (there are 17 museums in the park) was undergoing some renovations and these are the screens they used to camouflage the construction:



At the Old Globe Theatre where How the Grinch Stole Christmas was playing, they had the official lighting of the Seuss-inspired Christmas Tree. And hey - IT'S PINK!!!



Merry Smoochie!

www.balboapark.org

No comments: